Wine Bottle Shipping
Many questions come to mind when thinking of shipping wine, be it a winery or a simple shipping of a bottle to a friend. One question is, is it legal for you to ship wine? There is not one simple answer to that question. The answer is dependent on a few things one being a licence. It’s against the law for an unlicensed person to ship a bottle of wine to a friend. These wine shipping laws vary state by state.
Today it is illegal for a state to permit consumers to buy wine directly from an in-state winery but not from an out-of-state winery, but a state’s right to regulate retailer shipping is less clear, and most states will allow consumers to have wine delivered from a local retailer, but not from one beyond the state’s borders. This is why using a licensed carrier such as Las Vegas Pack and Ship can save you time and headaches and provide all the legal and logistics in packing and shipping your wine needs.
Wineries, which are mostly licensed to ship wine, face their own set of challenges. Once again it varies state by state on what they are allowed and not allowed to do. Some states allow only on-site visitors to a winery to ship wine. Other states let you order wine online, depending on the winery and depending on where you reside. Many wineries use a professional shipping company to handle the packing and logistics of shipping their wine out to costumers. Choosing the right professionals to ship wine for your brand is one of the most important tasks. Proper packaging and handling is a vital part of a wineries business. More and more online is growing and now with Covid-19 more and more companies are becoming more reliant on online sales and are in greater need of skilled professional shipping and logistic companies. When you choose Las Vegas Pack and Ship you hiring skilled professional that have over 20 years in the industry and that offer specified tailored serves based on individual clients needs.
As a wine maker or just a consumer you know there are elements heat being one that can ruin a great bottle of wine. That is a number concern when shipping bottles of wine. Wine shipping professionals know how to package wine so as to keep them in mint condition to there destination.
A few things to consider when shipping wine are:
- Understand the regulations
- Determine where you can ship wine. Which is depends on your shippers licence
- Use appropriately sized shipping container. Wine shipping is not easy by design. Odd shaped bottles that can break and are full of stain inducing liquid does present it’s share of problems.Our solution is to use specialty wine bottle packing supplies and carriers made specifically for this situation.
- Securely pack your wine with proper inserts which we provide (702) 227-6384 .
- Seal the package securely with a pressure-sensitive packing tape.
- Tape the required wine label to the box.
- Be aware of the weather which can ruin a bottle of wine temperatures below 25 or above 80 degrees Fahrenheit can spoil wine.
- Try to Time your shipment to minimize extreme weather exposure to your wine bottles. We offer temperature controlled wine holding solutions for shipping call or contact us for more information.
- Be sure to insure your wine shipment.
- Remember an an adult is available to sign for the package. Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required. No matter what service you use, someone 21 years or older must be present to show identification and sign for the package. This is non-negotiable whether the delivery comes from your local store, the winery or an online wine merchant.
Keeping all this and more in mind when needing to ship a bottle of wine can be daunting just like fine art shipping wine can be a complicated item to pack and ship, here are a few more key points to keep in mind while shipping wine Five Things To Know About Home Wine Delivery